Saturday, December 2, 2017

Bringing Light

Angels on High

I have never been a great fan of November. It is a time when darkness starts to close in, when grey days and dampness permeates the landscape and the skin. Occasional snow brightens momentarily and then all settles back into moody November. And then the holiday lights start to appear, dispelling the darkness.

Holiday Lights

Whimsy starts to take over bringing smiles. As I don't take part in the frenetic and serious seasonal shopping, I am free to stroll and just enjoy the festive atmosphere.

Standing at the Ready

The market has begun to fill up with trees and their holiday friends. The scent of the season is everywhere. As the days get shorter, the number of lights increases. And in only three weeks the slow creep to more daylight begins again.

3 comments:

  1. I like to be immersed in the special air of the city with winter illuminations and lovely decorations at this time of year. But I’m not sure if I’d have time for that this year. The three trumpeters standing at the middle of the building is so fascinating.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darkness and then light - a promise I hope we can count on. I'm not seeing snow in your photos. None here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost hear those trumpets sounding in the sky! Full of festive feeling.I am not a fun of November too. The colorful leaves are fading away and the season is changing into just busy winter.

    ReplyDelete