Friday, January 27, 2017

Stillness

Snow and Mist

There is a stillness that happens when snow falls. Sound is muffled. I found myself driving slowly to take in the beauty. I wished I could stop more as each tree seemed to be more photogenic than the last, but there was nowhere to pull over.

Grey Day

All has turned to shades of grey - a monotone palette. So many grey days in a row.

Holding the Snow in Their Arms

For now the grime of a city is covered up with the clean new-fallen snow. The trees seem to embrace their winter whites.

2 comments:

  1. Such great beauties!!!! Only photos express that beauty...!
    Be careful driving, and take photos of snow scenes again,Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful monochromatic world! I feel cold, bracing air and hear the sound of silence. I especially like the third photo. Looks like you had continuous snowy days. Snowfall is rare in Nara, but fortunately I had a chance to photograph snowy Nara Park.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete