Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Turulu

Untitled by susanvg
Untitled, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
 Photo: June 16, 2013

I know I've said it before, but shopping at the market wins hands down over shopping in the supermarket. These musicians were busking, playing and singing delightful Québecois songs. Their music permeated the surroundings as I went about from stall to stall.

In the market, I am greeted with smiles as a returning customer. In addition to the open air stalls there are permanent stores. It is so much nicer to see the same clerks who begin to know your preferences and help out. The one caveat - I often buy too much as the sights and smells lure me into dreams of culinary delights.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to go to my first farmers market of the season. Unfortunately, nobody knows me there! Now, Whole Foods is a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how these young musicians enjoy playing and singing songs. I wish I could listen to their performance.

    Enjoy their music!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete