Monday, June 17, 2013

Lake MacDonald

Untitled by susanvg
Untitled, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photos: June 14, 2013

It is good for the soul to escape the city from time to time. I had things to deliver some items to CAMMAC, the music camp I go to each summer, so we drove up and spent a couple of hours there. The wind stirred up the lake creating waves and the constant sound of the water lapping up against the banks.

Through the Rails

How often do we take time to just sit and listen and watch as the water and sunlight create patterns? Our hurried lives disconnect us from nature.

Dragonfly

The insects were plentiful. Our rainy June has brought out the mosquitoes. They were in evidence as we walked through the forest. I was slapping here and there, trying to stop them before they used me as their diner. Thank goodness for the dragon flies who feast on them. They have their work cut out for them this year. I'll be back in this magical spot in a couple of weeks to immerse myself in music and nature as each inspires the other.

1 comment:

  1. Susan what a magical dragonfly photo - it was waiting to have its pic taken. I'm so glad that you'll have a musical respite at the lake again. I've enjoyed reading about it through the years. I'm sitting on my deck to write this. Wildflowers are starting to bloom. My perrenials are greening - slow but sure. A time of growth here in the mountains of CO.

    ReplyDelete