Thursday, June 6, 2013

Décarie Farm House

Décarie Farm House by susanvg
Décarie Farm House, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
This house, now sitting on a very urban street, was originally a farm house owned by the Décarie family. The house is about 280 years old. It has undergone some changes over that time, including its coat of pink paint, which according to an article I read in the Westmount Independent (May 29-30, 2012) was done in the 1930s. It has certainly witnessed a lot of Montreal history!

3 comments:

  1. Just think of all the land that once surrounded this home. Now a city has grown up around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,susan,
    If you don't mention the long history of this house, everyone may think it is new.
    How well it has been taken care of!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful house and doesn’t look such an antique at first glance. I like an old house. When I find my favorite and if I have enough money, I’d like to buy one to continue its legacy.

    ReplyDelete