Monday, June 24, 2013

Cheese

Cheese by susanvg
Cheese, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
My spouse is passionate about cheese, particularly goat and sheep cheese. They know me at La Fromagerie Atwater, in the Atwater Market. I always head straight to the corner where most of these cheeses reside. I have learned that a bit of mould on cheese is fine as it is "noble mould". And this often means the cheese is really ripe and more pungent tasting which is definitely to P's taste. I have brought home many varieties for P to try, both local and from afar.

The clerk told me he had France. "You mean cheeses from France," I suggested. And then he showed me France, a goat cheese. Despite the price, I couldn't resist buying it.

Brittany and Normandy have now disappeared, as has the Loire. Burgundy and Champagne are still ripening. It's hard to tell how much longer France will last, but I can assure you it is doomed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how funny! I'd probably love France, too.

    ReplyDelete