Saturday, June 1, 2013

And Now it is Empty

Untitled by susanvg
Untitled, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I lived in this house since 1986. My children, 4 and 6 at the time grew up here. It was time to move on, but closing the door for the last time left me a little melancholy. Memories of occasions, both happy and sad came flooding in. It's a feeling that won't last as the memories can travel with me. It was a great home, a great place to bring up my children.

Yesterday we gave over the keys to the new owners. The house will move on too - to be filled with new stories. I have closed the chapter on my contribution to its life.

I am happy with my new place. I'm into condo living with fewer responsibilities, indoor parking which is particularly delightful in winter, and living on one floor. New memories are being written in my new abode.

The process of selling and the many odd twists it took, have taken some of my energy - hence fewer photo jaunts and blog posts. I'm feeling very upbeat about the future as I can devote more of that energy into these pleasures of life - photography and writing.

2 comments:

  1. Goodbye to the past except for your memories, Susan. I'm glad you like the new place. Freeing yourself to do more of what you love seems a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,again,
    You lived in such a charming house! I like the round roof and the door lamp.
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete