Monday, September 6, 2010

Sept 6/10: Time to Sit


Sept 6/10: Time to Sit, originally uploaded by susanvg.

The Secret Bench by sculptor, Lea Vivot always makes me smile. One thing I love about art in public spaces is the way people interact with it. While I was enjoying a public photography exhibit, a couple of people sat down on the bench and posed for photographs. Meanwhile across the street, someone was posing with another sculpture. Instead of the "do not touch" mentality of museums there is a sense of touch, enjoy and participate.

6 comments:

  1. Such a great concept of sculpture! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This statue makes me smile, too. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art we can interact with is often our favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sculpture is adorable. I can see why it attracts so any people. I definitely prefer the hands on type of 'museums'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I passed this bench I would definitely be tempted to stage a live couple in a smilar position next to this stone one :)

    ReplyDelete